Thursday, March 6, 2014

Chocolent

Lent Time!  Time to fixate on chocolate, since, once again, I can't have any.

The other day (The Time Before Lent), the boss very kindly brought in a plastic container of Hershey's candy and said, "I found these in the back of the pantry. I thought you all might like them." I and the other addicts thanked him profusely.  Imagine our dismay when the candy looked like distressed wood. (there was a pic, but it's gone now)

Sigh....You know how I pretend to be classy and say I really only like dark chocolate?  And how I poo poo the milk chocolate and announce, with a righteous air, that I'm not going to waste the calories on the pedestrian chocolate by the checkout counter?  Confession time: I do like dark chocolate the best, but truthfully,  I will eat any chocolate.  Snickers, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, Almond Joys, chocolate filled with liquor, even calcium injected chocolate tastes good to me!

There was no chocolate I wouldn't eat.

Until the other day.

Shocked at the fact that chocolate could look utterly unappetizing, I asked how long the chocolate had been in the back of the pantry.  His answer: "I don't know... 5 years?  Maybe more?"
  
FIVE YEARS!   Chocolate was around for FIVE YEARS? I wonder if he and his family are ascetic.  I can't be around chocolate for 5 minutes without devouring it.  

Vive la différence, obviously, but I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the concept of forgotten chocolate.

39 more days.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Join The Discussion...